The University of Cape Town (UCT) has several key dates and deadlines that applicants should be aware of throughout the application and enrollment process. These may vary depending on the program and the applicant’s status (e.g. new or returning student). Below are some general dates and deadlines for UCT:
- Application closing date: usually the end of September for undergraduate programs and the end of June for postgraduate programs
- Late Application closing date: usually the end of October for undergraduate programs and the end of July for postgraduate programs
- Enrollment period: usually the end of January for new students, and the end of February for returning students
- Payment deadline for tuition and other fees: usually the end of January for new students, and the end of February for returning students
- About UCT
- UCT Application Status Portal 2023
- UCT Acceptance Letter
- UCT Key Dates and Deadlines 2023
- The University of Cape Town Admission Requirements 2023
- UCT Courses and Requirements
- UCT Late Application 2023 | How to Apply
- University of Cape Town Fees Structure 2023/2024
- List Of Courses Offered at the University of Cape Town
- UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB) Scholarships
- University of Cape Town Entrance Scholarships
- University of Cape Town Faculty of Medicine Application
|01 APRIL 2023||• All applications open
• Registration for the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs) is open.
|09 APRIL||• The UCT Virtual Open The day is hosted on Microsoft Teams Live|
|31 JULY||All undergraduate applications close.
We do not accept late applications.
• Applications for student housing close.
• Preferred date for submission of BAS portfolio for early consideration.
• The last date to write the NBTs if you wish to be considered for a conditional offer by the Faculty of Health Sciences.
|31 AUGUST||• Closing date for undergraduate programme changes.
Requests must be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Request for programme change”.
• Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art (BA(FA)) portfolios are due.
|30 SEPTEMBER||Final date to submit the Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS) portfolio|
|15 OCTOBER||• The final date to write the NBTs for admission to UCT.|
|31 OCTOBER||For applicants finishing secondary school in 2022, all grade 12 interim results, or predicted scores in the case of non-NYC candidates, are due.
• Interim and past transcripts for transferring applicants are due.
• Proof of English language proficiency is due.
|15 NOVEMBER||• Deadline for international applicants to attract an offer of admission. This is necessary to allow for sufficient time to obtain a study visa.|
|31 DECEMBER||• All final transcripts and non-NSC school-leaving results (except CAIE, ZIMSEC, and NSSC) must be submitted|
|15 JANUARY 2024||• Final CAIE, ZIMSEC, and NSSC result from the November 2023 session are due.|