The IUCMA Bursary 2023 is available for all interested parties. On this page, you will get all information required to access and use the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) Bursary. Kindly read through the post to find out more.
What is IUCMA
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) was established with the goal of protecting, utilizing, developing, conserving, managing and controlling the nation’s water resources.
Its responsibilities include investigating and advising interested parties on proper water resource use and protection, developing a catchment management strategy, co-ordinating the related activities of water users and water management institutions within its water management area, and promoting community participation in the protection, use, development, conservation, management, and control of water resources.
What is the IUCMA Bursary
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) will provide bursaries to deserving students pursuing education in the following fields of study:
- Environmental Science Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Hydrology/Water Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Geohydrology, Geomorphology, and Botany
- The bursary pays for registration, tuition, and examination fees, as well as lodging, meals, prescribed educational materials, and a stipend.
Females and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
IUCMA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria to be considered for this bursary program:
- South African national
- A resident of Mpumulanga Province (within the Water Management area of the IUCMA)
- Certified copies of the Matric certificate pass with at least 65% average marks and proof of admission from an institution of higher learning/provisional acceptance letter or must be admitted or enrolled to study for a Degree in one of the stated fields
- Accepted at a recognized Higher Learning Institution
- if are you planning to enroll or are you currently enrolled in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in any of the above-mentioned fields of study must submit a certified satisfactory academic record from their most recent study year (study level) with a grade point average of at least 60%.
Applicants who are already receiving bursaries or other forms of educational financial aid from institutions or sponsors are ineligible for this bursary program.
How to Apply for the IUCMA Bursary 2023
Download the IUCMA Bursary Application Form and fill it out. (pdf)
Completed application forms, as well as certified copies of the following supporting documents, must be submitted.
- South African Matric certificate with a minimum average of 65%
- Proof of admission to an institution of higher learning OR a letter of provisional acceptance OR current enrollment in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- The academic record of satisfaction in the previous year of study with at least 60% average (only applies to applicants who are already currently enrolled for a Degree within one of the aforementioned fields of study)
- Proof of residence from the local municipality or the Headman/Chief Proof of parental or guardian income, accompanied by an affidavit from the South African Police Service (SAPS)
Applications can be forwarded via mail at:
Human Resource Division
Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency
Private Bag x11214
Or, hand-delivered to:
Floor Number 8
Corner Streak and Ferreira Street
Or, Email at Bursaries@iucma.co.za
(Insert the words “IUCMA Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The successful students will sign a bursary contract with the IUCMA in accordance with the external bursary policy as part of the terms and conditions.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within one month of the bursary program’s closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
IUCMA Bursary Opening And Closing Date
The closing date for the IUCMA Bursaryis on 14 January 2023
For further queries regarding this bursary program, please get in touch with IUCMA directly:
Contact Person: Ms. D Malumane or Ms. Z Tibane
Tel: 013 753 9000
Hope you found this article helpful. EmmanuelAchebe.com is here to answer your questions about IUCMA Bursary 2023. Just use the contact me page. remember to share with your friends. They might need it.