Applications for the South African Social Security Agency SASSA Special R350 Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant have reopened for interested applicants. If you’re looking to apply for the R350 grant online or for guidance on How to Add Bank details to the SASSA R350 Grant Online. then you’re in the right place. Read through this article for more information.
How To Add your bank account to the SASSA website
If you happen to be among those who qualify for the grant and you want to receive your Sassa payments through a bank account, Congrats. Here is how you can change your details.
How to add or change banking details:
- Visit the SRD website at srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll down to ‘How do I change my bank details
- Insert your ID number
- Click Submit.
- You will receive an SMS, with a unique link.
- Click on the link received in the SMS.
- Click on Capture Bank’s own Bank account.
- Capture Bank name.
- Capture Account type.
- Capture Account number.
- Click Submit.
Please Note: SRD R350 Grant applicants who chose to receive their R350 grant through a bank account should be aware that there is no set payment date since Sassa has promised them that they will receive their funds.
Receiving your grant through a bank account is encouraged but Sassa has also said that you can access or collect your grant payment using these options:
- U save
- Pick ‘n Pay
Applicants should also keep in mind that when collecting their grant payments from the above-mentioned retail locations, they should always have a registered cellphone number, ideally the one used during the application procedure.
Beneficiaries should not go to the grant payment collecting stations before receiving an SMS message from Sassa because their grant will not be available.
Beneficiaries are also urged not to collect their Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant payments at the South African Post Office (Sapo), as the SAPO is no longer an outlet for grant payment collection.
SEE https://srd.sassa.gov.za/ for more info
- What is SASSA
- SASSA SRD GRANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- How to Apply for SRD Grant Through WhatsApp
- How to Apply for SRD Grant Through the SRD Website
- How to Apply for SRD Grant Through SASSA Chatbot
- How to check status for SRD Grant Through Moya App
- How to Choose payment option and Add Bank details
- SRD Grant Status Check
- How to apply for Reconsideration
- How to cancel SRD Grant
- How to reinstate my SRD Grant
Hope you found this article helpful. EmmanuelAchebe.com is here to answer your questions on the R350 grant. Just use the contact me page. remember to share with your friends. They might need it.