All Texas State University students have access to the Canvas Texas State Student login. On this page, you will find all of the information you need to access and use the Texas State University Student Portal Login. Please read on to learn more.
Canvas Texas State is a collaborative learning environment that allows students and instructors to communicate online. CPE (Center for Professional Education) primarily employs Canvas to create a virtual teaching-learning environment. It supplements the students’ in-class learning experience.
What Is CanvasTexas State Student Login
Canvas Texas State is Texas State University’s open-source LMS (Learning Management System) that allows students to access course materials, assignments, class discussions, and quizzes online.
Canvas provides two kinds of sites: course sites and project sites.
A course site allows a student to access academic coursework, syllabus, materials, and documents required for a course. The project site enables students to work together on projects, committees, research, and other collaborative development tasks.
Canvas Texas State App
Canvas also has two mobile apps, Canvas Teacher App and Canvas Student App, which allow students to access their courses from anywhere and at any time.
Canvas Texas State’s mobile application allows students to connect to their Canvas courses, access their syllabus and documents, and receive course and forum notifications on their mobile devices
How To Log Into Canvas Texas State Student Portal
There are two login sites for the Canvas Texas State. Namely:
How To Log Into Canvas Texas State Using TXST Login
For TXST Login, follow the following steps:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to https://canvas.txstate.edu/login/saml and sign in.
- You will be directed to a screen where you must enter your username and password. Enter your login information.
- Press the login button.
You’ve arrived at your TXST Canvas Texas State portal.
How To Log Into Canvas Texas State Using Guest Login
For Guest Login, follow the following steps:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to https://canvas.txstate.edu/login/canvas and sign in.
- You will be directed to a screen where you must enter your Guest login information and password. Enter your Guest
- login information and password.
- Press the login button.
You’ve arrived at the Guest Canvas Texas State portal.
How to reset Canvas Texas State Password
If you have accidentally forgotten your Canvas Texas State Password and are unable to access your account, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Canvas Texas State login page.
- Select “Forgot Password?” It will take you back to the Online Toolkit window.
- Select your identifier type (for example, NetID / Texas State ID). A Net ID example is zzz99, and a Texas State ID example is A12345678.
- Fill in your identifier and birth date in the appropriate boxes.
- Fill out the code shown in the image. You can also obtain an audio code as an alternative. After properly filling out all of the details, click the “Next” button.
- Fill in your last name, personal email address, and social security number in the appropriate boxes in the following window. Then click the “Validate” button.
- The system will send you a one-time-use link to your preferred personal email address. The time it takes for an email to arrive in your inbox is determined by your email service. If you haven’t received the email within 15 minutes, check your spam or junk folder.
- When you receive the email, there will be a link in it. Select the link.
- In the window that appears, enter your birth date. Then click the “Validate” button.
- Don’t forget to check the box that says, “I agree to comply with Texas State University’s information security, appropriate use, and other policies.”
- Enter the new NetID password you want to use. Re-enter it as instructed. Remember that your passphrase cannot be less than 15 characters long. Press the “Submit” button.
- You’ve created a new NetID and password.
How to enable or Disable Notification on Canvas texas State
Your notification preferences allow you to choose how and when you want to be notified about various incidents occurring in your course. Canvas allows you to receive SMS text and email notifications. Follow the steps below to manage your notification settings:
- Select the “Account” option from the Global Navigation Menu.
- Go to “Settings.”
- There is a sidebar titled “Ways to Contact.” Your TxState email is the default email address associated with your account. You can merge your Canvas account with another email address by clicking the “Add” icon.
- Other contact methods, such as SMS text messages, can also be added. To do so, click the Add Contact Method link and enter the necessary information for your contact.
- Choose your notification preferences based on your needs. If you want to receive the notification right away, select and press the Notify immediately option. If you want to receive daily notifications, select and click the Daily summary option. There are also other options, such as “Weekly Summary,” which will send you weekly notifications.
- You are now ready to go after selecting your notification preference!
How To Submit File Assignments On Canvas Texas State
Follow the steps below to submit your files as assignments on Canvas Texas State:
- Navigate to your Canvas dashboard.
- Continue on to the assignment section. In the top-right corner of the screen, click the “Submit Assignment” button.
- Select “Choose File.”
- In the pop-up window, select your file and upload it.
- After you’ve uploaded your file, press the “Submit Assignment” button. If you want to submit multiple assignments, simply click “+Add Another File.”
- You may resubmit your assignments until the deadline specified by your tutor/instructor. You can also leave comments for your instructor in the designated space.
How to View and Access Grades and Feedback in Canvas at Texas State University
Follow the steps below to view and access your grades and feedback in Canvas Texas State:
- Launch the Canvas dashboard.
- Access your ePortfolio using your login information. To access your ePortfolio, enter your NetID and password.
- In the left menu, click the “Courses” button.
- In the left menu, click on “Coursework” and then “Assignments.”
- Select and click on the “Assignment title” for which you want to see the grade and feedback.
- After the page loads, in the “Details” section, click the “Assessment Tool” button. To submit your assignments, you can now view your scores and the comments you received.
- Click the “Close” button after viewing and saving your score.
Hope you found this article helpful. EmmanuelAchebe.com is here to answer your questions about Canvas Texas State Student login. Just use the contact me page. remember to share with your friends. They might need it.