The Brightspace Purdue is available for all students of Johns Hopkins University. On this page, you will get all information required to access and use the Purdue University LMS. Kindly read through the post to find out more.
What Is Brightspace Purdue (Purdue University LMS)
Brightspace Purdue is a Learning Management System (LMS) developed by D2L (Desire 2 Learn) that enables Purdue University students to access a variety of academic resources such as Course details, Course materials, Assessments, Grading scores, Groups, Discussions, and much more.
Students can access this portal at any time and from any location.
Students can also use this online space to take tests, and quizzes, complete assignments, and other important academic tasks.
The online portal has an easy-to-use interface that will make your experience more seamless and functional.
The sections that follow will walk you through some of the most important features.
How to Login to Brightspace Purdue
The first step is to create an account. Follow these simple steps to gain access to the Brightspace Purdue Portal:
- Navigate to https://purdue.brightspace.com/.
To log into Purdue University, the screen will display four campus options from which to choose. Brightspace:
- West Lafayette Lafayette
- Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Purdue University Global
- Northwest Purdue University
Continue by selecting your preferred campus. You’ll be taken to the Brightspace Purdue Login Page.
- Enter your Username here.
- Enter your password here.
- To access the Brightspace Purdue portal, click the ‘Sign In’ button.
How to Access the Grade Feedback in Brightspace Purdue
You will receive audio, written, or rubric feedback for each completed assignment. Rubric feedback is nothing more than a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for your assignment.
The tool will segment your assignment and provide an explicit description of the elements linked to each component.
When you submit your work, here’s how you can access your feedback in Brightspace Purdue:
- Navigate to the Brightspace Purdue drop-down menu and select ‘Assignments’ under ‘Course Tools.’
- You will find a complete list of the work you have submitted, as well as due dates, in Assignments. (Note: Discussions are not included in the Assignments.)
- You can find submitted work, feedback, and grades in this section. Click the ‘Unread’ or ‘Read’ button next to the feedback.
Read indicates that you have already accessed and read the feedback. Unread indicates that you have not opened or read the feedback.
- You can now access the provided feedback.
- Navigate to the ‘Grades’ section.
- Look for the option ‘Discussions.’ On the right side, you will find feedback.
- Your instructor may use a Rubric to provide specific feedback. It will be displayed in the ‘Grades’ section; click the ‘View Graded Rubric’ button to view it.
How to Enable Purdue Brightspace Notifications
Brightspace Purdue will not automatically send you notifications or emails to students for the courses you have selected in each faculty.
You must enable the notifications to feature to stay up to date on important events or course information.
Here’s how to turn on Brightspace Purdue Notifications:
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, then select ‘Notifications‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the email address where you want to receive notifications under ‘Contact Methods.’ It is recommended that you use your Purdue email address.
- Choose ‘Change your email settings if you want to change your email address. You can optionally include your phone number.
- Go to ‘Summary of Activity,’ and then select the frequency with which you want to receive email notifications about Brightspace Purdue activities.
- You can further customize your notifications by going to ‘Instant Notifications’ and selecting which elements of the course you want to be notified about. It is strongly advised to select ‘Assignments‘.
- Scroll down to the bottom for more Notification customization options.
- Tick the ‘Allow future courses to send me notifications’ box to receive regular updates based on the settings you’ve chosen.
- For courses from which you do not want to receive notifications, go to ‘Manage my course exclusions’ and select your course options.
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
How to Reset Your Brightspace Purdue Password
f you are unable to log in to your Brightspace Purdue account for any reason, you can reset your password by following the simple steps outlined below:
- Go to https://purdue.brightspace.com/.
- Select your campus from the four options displayed, and you will be redirected to the Brightspace Purdue Login screen.
- Select the Forgot Password option.
- Enter your PU ID Number here.
- Submit the form by clicking the Submit button.
- You will now receive an email with a password reset link to the email address associated with your PU ID number.
- Click on the link, follow the instructions, and your password will be reset in a matter of minutes.
How to Submit Video Assignments Using Kaltura
Kaltura is a tool that allows you to securely upload video assignments or discussions to the Brightspace Purdue portal.
The video assignments uploaded to ‘Assignments’ are only visible to your instructor, whereas those uploaded to ‘Discussions’ are visible to the instructor as well as fellow students who have access to the discussion forum.
- Open the course for which you want to upload a video in Brightspace Purdue.
- To submit a video to an ‘Assignment,’ navigate to Course Tools > Assignment > and select the assignment name from the drop-down menu.
- To post a video to the Discussion boards, go to Course Tools > Discussions and search for the topic.
- Go to the submission section and click the ‘Insert Stuff’ button in the top left corner of the text box.
- Choose ‘Add Kaltura Media.
- On the top right, click ‘+Add New’ and select the Media Upload type.
- Drag and drop the video file from your PC, or click the ‘+Choose a file to upload button, find the file, and upload it.
- Kaltura will process and convert the selected file.
- When the video is finished, click the />Embed option on the right side.
- If you want, you can watch the video first. To add the video to the assignment or discussion, click ‘Insert.’
- You can add any text or other content to the submission area once it is added before clicking Submit.
See Also: the University of Phoenix Login | eCampus Student Login
Hope you found this article helpful. EmmanuelAchebe.com is here to answer your questions about Brightspace Purdue. Just use the contact me page. remember to share with your friends. They might need it.