Application for the South African Social Security Agency SASSA Special R350 Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant is available through WhatsApp for interested applicants from 6 August until March 2023. If you’re looking to apply for the SASSA R350 Grant through WhatsApp, then you’re in the right place. Read through this article for more information. Video reference down below.
The grant was introduced first in 2020 when the Covid-19 pandemic first arrived in South Africa, in order to assist those between the ages of 18-65 who had lost their jobs or were unable to secure jobs during that time.
There are several ways to apply for the SASSA R350 Grant. The following are other methods to apply for the R350 grant:
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737#
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org.
- Through Online Application
How Can I Apply for the SRD Grant Via WhatsApp
Applying for the SRD Grant via WhatsApp is a very straightforward process. Do ensure you send your correct details and check for any typos. Failure to do so might bring about unforeseen issues. To apply for the SRD Grant you should:
- Save the official SRD Whatsapp number on your device. The mobile number is 082 046 8553.
- Send a message to the number via WhatsApp. You can start by saying hi.
- You will then receive an automated response.
- Type ‘help’ and send
- there will be a list of options. Type 4 and send
- This will automatically lead you to the Unathi Sassa platform message which you should reply to ‘SRD’
- Confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or someone else
- Now the application begins
- You’ll have to submit your name, surname, and ID number in the message and send it.
Continue with the application process. Once the application has been approved, you will receive a message requesting their banking details.
Please note that the bank account or cellphone number provided for payment is registered in the name of the approved applicant so that the grant can ensure that the payment is going to the correct recipient.
Payment will be paid directly into the bank account of the beneficiary should they provide their bank details.
For applicants who do not bank accounts, the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) will pay through the South African Post Office (Sapo)/Post Bank, or using a bank mobile money transfer (cash send).
Please do not send multiple applications. A confirmation message will be received as soon as the application has been successfully submitted.
- What is SASSA
- SASSA SRD GRANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- How to Apply for SRD Grant Through WhatsApp
- How to Apply for SRD Grant Through the SRD Website
- How to Apply for SRD Grant Through SASSA Chatbot
- How to check status for SRD Grant Through Moya App
- How to Choose payment option and Add Bank details
- SRD Grant Status Check
- How to apply for Reconsideration
- How to cancel SRD Grant
- How to reinstate my SRD Grant
People who have applied for the SRD grant in the previous round can re-apply. People who previously canceled the grant, and who would like to re-activate the grant, due to any circumstances are welcome to re-apply.
The requirements for the SRD grant are as follows:
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- Have no alternative source of income or financial support from any other source
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
How Can I track my SRD R350 Grant Application On WhatsApp?
After applying for the SASSA SRD Grant R350. you might be wondering, “How do I check if my application is approved”. SASSA has made it easy as it is possible to check your SRD R350 grant status. But in this article, we will be talking about how to check your SRD R350 Grant Application On WhatsApp.
Below are the steps to check your Application status through Whatsapp.
- Add 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Open your WhatsApp and refresh your contacts
- Open a chat
- Send a message saying ‘hi’
- Send a message saying ‘help’
- You will be given various options, respond by saying ‘4’
- Then, reply with ‘status’
- Enter your reference number
- You will then receive your Sassa SRD status
You will need to provide your ID number and the cellphone number you used when you submitted your R350 grant application.
The SRD R350 grant applications will close in March 2023.
How To Check SASSA R350 Grant Status By Calling (phone)
You can check your application status also by calling on the mobile phone.
- Call 0800 60 10 11
- Press 1
- Follow the prompts
Hope you found this article helpful. EmmanuelAchebe.com is here to answer your questions on the R350 grant. Just use the contact me page. remember to share with your friends. They might need it.